Wednesday, April 20, 2005

10 Years Later

I covered the 10th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing today. It was one of the hardest stories I've done.. just speaking with all of the family and friends of the victims. I tried my best to keep it together.. but there was one woman I couldn't help but cry along with. She lost her best friend of 25 years in the bombing and said there isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't think of her.. and of all the things they'll never be able to do together. While she was telling me what happened a decade earlier.. I could tell she was reliving every moment in her head.

.. as to why I post this here.. I was walking by the chain link fence outside of the memorial and noticed a KU key chain. It reminded me of home and friends. Hope everyone is doing well.. because I know many of us (me included of course) aren't staying in touch as well as we should be.

Andrea

No comments: