Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'm not headed south yet, but the evacuees are coming to me ((or rather to Wichita Falls)). Our first large group arrives on Friday and we're expecting more in the weeks to come. It's been an interesting time to live in Texas... actually it's the first time I've felt genuinely proud to live in the Lone Star State. It's amazing to see how many people have opened their homes to complete strangers.. and how many have jumped at the opportunity to head to Dallas or Houston and volunteer. Apartments here at home have opened their doors - rent free- to evacuees.. and complete strangers show up within days with appliances, food and clothes.

Alrighty.. I'm done. On a side note.. it's almost time for me to start job hunting.. so let's start posting some openings!!

Andrea

No comments: