Saturday, January 21, 2006

Zach Lee in the House!

Happy New Year KUJHers,

Just wanted to drop a line and congratulate a few people on their recent promotions. Andrea, huge move to Dallas. Is that a top ten market? Anyway, it's a fantastic opportunity. Continued success to you. And I've got a boatload of friends in the Austin area. If you're ever down that way, I can help you with a cheap hotel, or a cool place to go. Also, congratulations to Mike Alzamora for his move to Abilene. I'm glad to see you're still in the biz, and moving your way up.

As for me, there's been a lot happening lately. My company, Creative Domain, has been bought. Our new owners are merging us with another trailer house in Hollywood. Basically, our company was an industry leader in home video advertising, dvd content and dvd advertising, among other things. The other company was one of the top theatrical firms in Hollywood. As a merged company, we became one of the biggest and most successful movie advertising companies overnight. No one lost their job, and the only change for now is our name. I now work for Trailer Park Inc. as a staff editor. Work has been absolutely great these days as well. With the merger, all kinds of new business has rolled in. I just finished two ABC promos that will air on the jumbotron at the superbowl. When you think about it, it's a smaller audience than regular t.v., but who doesn't want to see their work on a 70 foot plasma screen? Anyway, it has been just over a year since my move to Los Angeles. It has been hectic, even chaotic at times. But I've managed to keep my head above water and have some fun at the same time. All my best to the current and former KUJHers.

Yours, Zach Lee

No comments: